A literary walk by the sunset along.
A landscape of rare beauty can be admired from Pratomagno ridge. But along with enjoying that beautiful view, on this hiking trip we will also have the chance to meditate on the act of walking itself and on the sense of freedom that this outdoor activity entails in everyone. We will be accompanied by some life stories both of great walkers of the past (writers and philosophers) and of anonymous sheperds who, for centuries, walked all those old Pratomagno mule tracks with their flock of sheep.
We will also pay tribute to the great long-haul aviator Herbert John Hinkler, whose life story always amazes people. At the end of the hike, after enjoying the sunset from the “Pratomagno Cross”, it will be possible to have dinner with local products at “Da Giocondo” restaurant.
The experience is free for children under 14 years old
• professional environmental tour guide
• anything not specified under the heading “Services included”
• Departure time: 16:30
• Meeting point: Ristorante Da Giocondo, Loc. Le Ceraie, Pratomagno
• Difficulty: easy
• Duration of the hike: approx. 3 hours
• Distance covered: 5 km
• Elevation gain: + 150 mt
• Participants: 25 people max (suitable for kids from 8 years old if used to walk)
• Abbigliamento: it is necessary to wear appropriate cloathing and shoes. We advise to bring a windbreaker
+39 348 7945208
Fondazione Arezzo Intour