Walk along the slopes of the Pratomagno that delimit the “Lands of Arezzo” on the northern side and that are enclosed, south from the bight that lets the Arno river turn towards the Arno Valley (Valdarno) and then Florence through the Arezzo plain “turning with disdain its face against the population of Arezzo”, as written by Dante.
This is a less known track comparing the most known that lie in the Province of Arezzo, but as interesting and evocative. Walking inside a landscape of the typical hillside of Tuscany of this area, you will follow the tracks of a place that has been populated for a very long time, from prehistory to the Etruscan era and again from the Middle Ages to the contemporary time. These were the roads that were used in ancient times by shepherds for transhumance.
• Environmental and hiking guide
• Anything not specified under the heading “Services included”
• Departure time: 9:00 AM
• Meeting point: Casavecchia, Capolona
• Difficulty: hiking (mostly on gravel roads and mule tracks)
• Duration of the hike: approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes
• Hiking distance: 7.5 km
• Elevation gain: + 350 meters
• Participants: minimum 6, maximum 25
• Clothing: dress appropriately with clothing and shoes suitable for the trail conditions and weather (preferably wear hiking boots or trekking shoes)
For more information call +39 340 6935150
Fondazione Arezzo Intour