Discover one of the most evocative sides of Cortona following a spiritual road that leads to the enchanting Franciscan Le Celle Hermitage, through creeks and olive groves.
Located on Mount Egidio, Le Celle is an ideal place to find peace and it's still inhabited by Capuchin monks, who lead a blessed life in the manner instructed by Saint Francis.
After the hike, enjoy a traditional picnic in a very peaceful setting! Enjoy fresh, seasonal, traditional and locally produced food, with local wine, surrounded by nature!
It will be a special experience you will never forget!
Itinerary: about 6 Km
Level: moderate (minimum practice required)
- English-speaking professional environmental tour guide (approx. 3 hours)
- Traditional picnic (including water and wine).
- Trasportation from/to your accommodation not included BUT RECOMMENDED given to the hiking start and end point. Available upon request. Whatever the number of people in your party and your accommodation address, we can arrange this service for you. Do not hesitate to ask!
- Personal extras and everything not expressly indicated under the heading "included in the services".
minimum 2 ; maximum 15.
- Suitable clothingù
- Hiking shoes
- Experience available according to weather conditions and to environmental hiking guide judgment.
- Hiking shoes, rain jacket, suitable clothes, backpack and water are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended to people with mobility issues or breathing difficulties.