Ready for a time travel? The Etruscans were an advanced and mysterious preroman civilization, leaving a precious cultural heritage to Tuscany and Central Italy. Together with a knowledgeable local guide, you will visit Cortona Archaeological Park where you will admire some of the Etruscan tumulus tombs discovered in the area. The tour will continue through the charming town of Cortona, which still shows signs of the glorious etruscan past in the city walls, gates and streets. Then, you will reach Arezzo and have a pleasant walk in the footsteps of the Etruscan through the beautiful historic center. In the afternoon, you will visit a family-run winery where the passionate owner Francesco dedicates himself to bringing to life the Etruscan wine, learn about experimental archaeology and experience a unique Etruscan wine tasting!
You will meet your local tour guide and you will start you private tour, which will include a visit to Cortona Archaeological Park, the historic centers of Cortona and Arezzo. Upon request it will be possible to visit a museum between the following ones:
- the Museum of the Etruscan Academy (MAEC) in Cortona, which conserves important archaeological finds discovered in the area;
- the Gaius Cilnius Maecenas National Archaeological Museum in Arezzo, which houses a fascinating collection including Etruscan tools, pottery, jewels and writings.
You will reach a family-run winery in Arezzo countryside and the owner will explain you how to produce wine according to ancient Etruscan winemaking methods. The experience will end with a tasting of Etruscan wine (one glass).
You will say goodbye to your guide and return to your accommodation.
(Please note: the schedule is tentative and may be subject to change)
- English-speaking licenced tour guide (approx. 6 hours)
- Visit to a family-run winery producing Etruscan wines
- Tasting of 1 type of Etruscan wine and 1 type of natural organic wine
- Stuffed eggs and crostini prepared according to Etruscan-Roman recipes
- Entrance fees
You need a car at disposal for all the transfers