Within the event will also be held the award ceremony for the winners of the second edition of the Italian Paleoarte Prize, with the exhibition of works of artists who participated from all over Italy and abroad.
Here is the program:
Saturday, October 2
– 10.30 am, Ginestra Fabbrica della Conoscenza (Biblioteca Comunale dei Ragazzi – Montevarchi). Dinostorie. Edited by “I Seminalibri”. Funny animated readings with dinosaur friends as protagonists. Followed by a workshop for small artists in the cave. For children from 4 to 6 years old and families. Reservation +39 0559 108351.
– MEETINGS: 11.00 am, Great Hall of the Academy and live social. What We Are Made For: Human Evolution and the Memory of Food. Reflections with Marco Rustioni (Curator of the Paleontological Museum).
– EXPERIENCES: 3pm, Paleontological Museum. Guided tour. The group will consist of a maximum of 9 people. Entrance fee €5,00.
– 4pm, Great Hall of the Academy. Mammuthus: the story of a discovery, the adventure of a community. Presentation of the docufilm on the fossil discovery of Mammuthus meridionalis in Valdarno, directed by Eros Regoli.
– MEETINGS: 18.00, Great Hall of the Academy and live social. Our Neanderthals. Meeting with Giorgio Manzi (Paleoanthropologist professor at the University La Sapienza of Rome and Director of the Museum of Anthropology ‘G. Sergi’).
Sunday 3rd October
– MEETINGS: 11.30 am, Great Hall of the Academy and live social. Paleoart past and present. Reflections with Sante Mazzei (Illustrator) and Anna Giamborino (President of the APPI Association).
– EXPERIENCES: From 14.30, Cloister of San Lodovico. Educational Area by the Museums.
– 2.30pm, On the trail of fossils. Laboratory to the discovery of the mysterious inhabitant of the coast marchigiana of the Conero. Organized by the Science Museum of the University of Camerino. From 6 to 12 years old.
– 3.30pm, “There are two crocodiles…” Workshop inspired by prehistoric engravings from the Libyan Sahara. Organized by the Florentine Museum of Prehistory. Ages 5 to 12.
– 4.30pm, Leg-ante-quam. Workshop to discover the evolution of bonding technology, from birch pitch to Vinavil. Organized by Associazione Archeoworld. Ages 6 and up.
– 5.30pm, Let’s learn how to make a cast of a fossil. Workshop to learn how to make a plaster cast of a trilobite or ammonite. Organized by G.A.M.P.S. ODV of Scandicci. Ages 5 to 10.
– 3pm, Paleontological Museum. Guided tour. The group will consist of a maximum of 9 people. Entrance ticket €5,00.
– 4pm, Great Hall of the Academy and live social. First traces of human presence in the Valdarno of Prehistory: remembering Maurizio Magi. With the participation of Ernesto Abbate, Carlo Bartolini, Adele Bertini, Domenico Lovetro, Fabio Martini (University of Florence).
– 6.30 PM, Cloister of San Lodovico and live social. Award ceremony of the Italian Paleoart Prize. Competition of artistic productions and prehistoric reconstructions, in collaboration with Associazione APPI and Società Geologica Italiana.
– MEETINGS: From 10.00 am, via Poggio Bracciolini. Setting up Museums Area. The Scientific Museums and the Museums of Valdarno tell their stories.
For reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org, +39 0559 81227 – +39 0559 81812
Access to the events and to the education area is subject to Green Pass control.